Research & Development
Research & Development in the field of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation programme is one of the support activities of the Department of DWS for which 100% funding to research organizations including NGOs is given by the Central Government. For this activity, a Research Advisory Committee under the Chairpersonship of Secretary (DWS) has been constituted primarily to promote research and development activities for the Mission. Areas of research include:
- Water resources exploration, assessment & exploitation related technology development.
- Technology development for improvement in water extraction techniques like improvements in hand pumps designs, solar pumps/ hydraulic rams etc.
- Improving energy efficiency for reducing O&M costs for projects using conventional power.
- Water scarcity reduction and related technology development like artificial recharge, control of salinity ingress etc.
- Improvements in distribution network of water supply projects for reducing water losses including unaccounted losses.
- Technology for water quality enhancement for rural areas, development of WQ kits.
- Development of appropriate rural sanitation technology.
- Guidelines (04 April,2013) (843 KB)
- Members of Research & Development Advisory Committee(RDAC) (12.7 KB)
- Members of Project Sanction Commitee for R&D projects (7.23 KB)
- R&D Thrust areas in rural WATSAN sector (28.9 KB)
- Compendium of Research Projects (Vol-1) (1.1 MB)
- Compendium of Research Projects (Vol-II)
- Compendium of Research Projects (Vol-III)
- Format for applying R&D projects (70.4 KB)
- List of R&D Projects
- List of ongoing R&D Projects (Water Sector)
- Release of funds to Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore towards the research project entitled "Remediation of Chromium contaminated groundwater using ferro -particles based technology"
- Release of funds to Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati(Assam) towards research project- "Development of Bioreactor System for simultaneous removal of multi-pollutants such as iron, nitrate,arsenic and fluoride from groundwater"- Regarding
- Minutes of Video Conference held with Principal Investigation of ongoing R&D projects funded by Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation (Government of India), held on 20-04-2012 in the Conference Hall (12th floor), paryavaran Bhawan , New Delhi.